How to create a blog in less than an hour? Seems impossible, right? Not with the right tools and instructions to guide you through the process, even if you’ve never created a blog before! Here’s how to get started in just 60 minutes, or less!
How to Create a Blog: Choose your platform
How to Create a BlogThe first thing you’ll need is to choose which blogging platform you want to use. The three most popular are WordPress, Tumblr, and Weebly.
WordPress is free and easy for beginners. Tumblr does not have a free version but offers themes that make it easy for beginners. Weebly starts at $5/month with a free trial period so it’s the best option if you are on a budget or don’t know how much time you want to invest in blogging yet.
Pick a domain name and hosting
Coming up with your domain name and selecting a hosting service are the two most important decisions you’ll need to make when creating your blog. When picking a domain name, it’s best to go for something short, memorable and intuitive—something that accurately reflects what your blog is about. Keep in mind that you may want to change your domain name or add other words or characters later on. A couple of great places to search for available domain names are Namecheap and Hover.
Set up your site
Blogger and WordPress are both free platforms where you can create your blog within minutes. Make sure to spend some time thinking about the type of blog you want before getting started. For example, do you want it for personal blogging or blogging about certain topics? One step that many bloggers like to add is a custom domain, which will cost $15-$25 but provides greater recognition for your site and is more professional looking. The next step is adding content! There are three ways to do this: using the Add Content button on the left side of your homepage; uploading new posts directly through the dashboard; or creating drafts in Google Drive or Evernote, saving them as drafts, and then importing them into your site as new posts.
Choose a theme
If you’re just getting started, there’s no need to spend hours setting up your blog. A simple Tumblr is more than enough for beginners and it only takes about five minutes.
Once you’ve chosen your theme, click on customize. Here you’ll be able to change the color of the site and add whatever text or graphics you want.
Once you’ve finished customizing your blog, it’s time for two quick and easy steps: adding content and choosing settings.
First, add content by clicking on the add media button at the top of the screen and uploading a photo or video from your computer or from another site like Flickr or YouTube.
1) Install the Jetpack plugin by clicking on the Plugins button on the left side of your WordPress dashboard.
2) Scroll down until you see Additional Plugins. Click on it and then click the Add New button.
3) Look for the plugin called WP-Members. This is what we will use for our membership site features.
4) Click on WP-Members and then click Install Now. You should see a confirmation message that says, WP-Members was successfully installed.
5) On your left sidebar, go back to where it says Add New and scroll down until you find plugins again. You should see WP-Members listed there now with its activation at the bottom of that box.
Write your first post
The first step to creating your blog is deciding on a blog name. This can be done by brainstorming different names or by using the generator on websites such as WordPress. Once you have your blog name, it’s time to choose which blogging platform will work best for you. The most common blogging platforms are Tumblr, WordPress, and LiveJournal. Once you’ve chosen your platform, it’s time to create your first post. There are many different ways that you could start your post, but the easiest way is with a Welcome! post that introduces yourself and talks about why you created the blog.
Share your blog
There are many reasons to create a blog: you want to start your own business, you want to find freelance work, or maybe you just love writing. Whatever the reason for your blog, here’s how to make it happen in less than an hour.
1) Pick your blogging platform. You can choose from WordPress (the most popular), Tumblr, Posterous, and more!
2) Choose your domain name. Your domain name should be related to what you’re going to be blogging about, but if you already have one that works just as well!
3) Set up hosting with one of these services: Bluehost and Hostgator are among the most popular choices but it really comes down to personal preference.
for more interesting topics please visit funvun.com